Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Taking the leap

So I guess I'm going to do it: join the graduate school craziness. I'm hoping to start next summer and go full time. Frankly I just want to get my MLS done as quickly as possible.

My Mom and Dad have said they'd help with financing this endeavor, but I'm still going to apply for financial aid and an assistantship. Can't hurt, right? Luckily I can live with my parents in New York or with a sister in Maryland and not have to worry about room and board.

There are 3 schools I'm going to apply to: C.W. Post, St. John's, and University of Maryland. I'm not sure which I'd rather go to, but I know I'd like to get out of where I'm working now.

What do I have to do next:
1. Finish my personal statement--It's harder than I thought to write it.
2. Prepare for and take the GREs--I need it to get an assistantship.
3. Fill out and send in the applications.

I'm nervous. Here's hoping I can get in.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Valentina Neblitt-Jones said...

Hooooraaaay! Good luck. Going full-time you will likely finish before I will. Right now I can only handle two classes a semester.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home